Saturday, April 16, 2011

BR: If I Stay By: Gayle Forman

If I Stay By: Gayle Forman


In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck....


A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make - and the ultimate choice Mia commands.


RATING: 5 STARS


COVER: I have to admit this cover drew me in more than the first one. And i liked the inside flap/cover of the cracked glass kinda also drew me in.


REVIEW: Ok, warning do not read this in public because you will probably tear up a little or alot. But don't worry there's still tons of humor. This book is so heartacheingly beautiful you won't be able to put it down even for a second, you'll probably go to the bathroom with it. The hardest decision she has to make is whether to stay with Adam, her friends, the world, etc. Or join her parents in death. And each time she starts to get serious about leaving her condition gets worse, or better if she thinks happy thoughts. The ending might come as a shocker, with how the book goes. The romance is extremly beautiful and it makes me cry when she thinks about past memories with him. Ok, I know I'm switchin topics super fast, but yeah.... Anyway, yes there is a sequal written from Adam's POV. And its pretty awesome to.


No comments:

Post a Comment